October 30, 2008

Erection

I’m not sure if you’ve heard or not, but there’s a presidential election going on RIGHT NOW. Believe it, sister. But seriously, with less than a week to go I’m finding it increasingly difficult to have patience for all the hoopla. Let’s get the damn thing over with already. Yesterday, CNN.com had a poll that asked: “Have you decided whom you support for president?” Yesterday. Fucking yesterday. The election is in less than a week! Hell, most of the people I work with have already voted. I’ll admit, I was on the fence about a year ago, but watching approximately 1/5 of one debate shoved me in the right or left direction. Technically we’ve had at least 2 years to figure it out, so if you haven’t decided by this point, with these two slightly opposite candidates, you’re just slowing the country down. Wake me up when you pull your head out of your ass. I’m dying to know how you got it in there in the first place. (On second thought, it’s probably best that I don’t know how you did it).

Now, I don’t want this blog to turn into a platform for me to force my beliefs on others (see: all other posts), so I’m staying as neutral as the color gray (or maybe something just a little nicer like taupe or even ivory) on the election until my guy loses/wins. Then I’ll either drink myself to death or eat until I barf (which one do you think is for if my guy wins? Guess again!)

Aside from all the friggin campaigning, I’m also tired of people claiming everything has a political slant. The other night my friend said he heard that the movie Wall-E was “politically charged.” I wanted to politically charge my fist right into his goddamn mouth.

So, in the spirit of neutrality I've created a few bumper stickers for the politically Swiss regarding typically divisive issues. If you like them, you can buy them from me for $500 apiece. Hey, this blog isn’t free to maintain (yes it is).








1 comment:

Katie said...

this is excellent -- i particularly like Campaign Finance Reform. It really does sound like a lot of work, which makes it so funny, plus, i'd like to see a survey of voters who know what it means.
CFR: sounds like the usual political ambiguity.

the key to CFR is, who will know if it actually happens? (answer -- no one) It is the ideal campaign statement.
as usual, thanks for this hilarious treat. or trick. or whatever.